Using private APNIC range in US

Jaren Angerbauer jarenangerbauer at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:52:20 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have a client here in the US, that I just discovered is using a host
of private IPs that (as I understand) belong to APNIC (i.e.
1.7.154.70, 1.7.154.00-99, etc.) for their web servers.  I'm assuming
that the addresses probably nat to a [US] public IP.  I'm not familiar
enough with the use of private address space outside of ARIN (i.e.
192.0.0.0, 10.0.0.0, etc) but I figure if their sites are up and
accessible it must be working for them.  I'm just wondering if there
is any recommendation or practice around this -- using private IP
ranges from another country.  Thanks.

--Jaren