IPv6 enabled carriers?

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Wed Mar 10 13:18:35 CST 2010

On 3/10/10 11:00 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
> Does anyone have a list of carriers who are IPv6 capable today?
> I would assume this would be rolled out in larger cities first but
> anything outside of "testbed environments" and "trials" as in
> Comcast's recent announcement seems to be all that is available.
> I'm being tasked with coming up with an IPv6 migration plan for a data center.
> Mostly interested in if ATT, Level3, GLBX, Saavis, Verizon Business
> and Qwest are capable as those are the typical ones I deal with.

Ones I have personal experience with:

GLBX - yes
VZB - yes, good luck
ATT - "Beginning in 1Q2010 MIS will provide the ability to support IPv6
in a dual stack mode."

When I disconnected my SAVVIS circuit in November 2009 I explicitly told
them IPv6 was a deciding factor. Not all of Verizon's pops are IPv6
enabled, which may cause you trouble ordering it. It's put me in month
11 of trying to turn up a dual-stack circuit because they refuse to read
the order and keep putting it in Sacramento (v4 only) when it needs to
go to San Jose (dual-stack). Sprint wasn't on your list, but they are
rolling out native IPv6 support on all of 1239. I've been using their
6175 testbed since 2005.