IP4 Space

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Sun Mar 7 16:24:33 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 21:32, Shon Elliott wrote:
> I would love to move to IPv6. However, the IPv6 addressing, I have to say, is
> really tough to remember and understand for most people.

Roll out DNS before you roll out v6 then.

> basically, you need technical knowledge to even understand how the IP address is
> split up.

By split up, do you mean subnetting ?  You have to have technical
knowledge to understand CIDR in v4, and once you do you will understand
subnetting in v6 too.

These excuses are really false and old.  Forget the reasons why you
can't roll v6.  Do a little bit of work for your v6 roll out every day,
and it will be done in a few months.  Assuming you have made v6 support
part of your purchasing policy by now.

Andy