IP4 Space - the lie

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sat Mar 6 11:02:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 02:23:59AM +0800, Owen DeLong wrote:

> > IVI is stateless, which means it requires 1 to 1 IPv4 to IPv6 mapping.
> > NAT64 allows multiplexing.
> >
> I didn't fully understand it, but, Ma Yan presented IVI with multiplexing
> in a stateless environment at APNIC 29.
>
> Owen (who is very glad these are technologies OTHER people will use)

	eat your own dog-food.. :)  the house has been running IVI
	for several years now.  everyone on hte house net is native v6 only.
	when there is a need, we pull a v4 address outo fhte DHCP pool
	and map it to the v6 address in question.  when we're done, unlink
	the binding.  from the "outside" - looks just like a nomral
	DHCP lease.

--bill