Redundant BGP for lower cost

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Thu Mar 4 17:23:56 UTC 2010

If you want to keep it cheap, roll out another Quagga edge - one to each
peer. Drop default into OSPF from both edges, iBGP over a GE between them.
If one toasts you'll only lose half your routes for 1s-ish, or however long
you set your OSPF keepalives.

While you're at it, add extra fans and run the edge systems off solid state
disks or CF cards.

Or, buy $real hardware.

-Jack Carrozzo