[Fwd: [members-discuss] [ncc-announce] RIPE NCC Position On The ITU IPv6 Group]

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Mar 4 00:44:40 UTC 2010

On Mar 3, 2010, at 7:05 PM, Paul Wall wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>> nope.  in japan, there is still far more powerpoint than packets.  i
>> have ntt ftth.  it is v4 only.  i have to tunnel to iij to get v6.
>>
>> do not believe powerpoint.
>
> NTT also charges its (wholesale) IP transit customers a premium for v6
> connectivity in Asia.
>
> Dorian can speak better to their rationale, though I can't see it
> helping foster adoption in this economy.

(Yes, I know how silly this seems, but read on for useful stuff)

It would help if you would each identify which NTT you speak of.  There are a variety of NTT lines of business as can be seen here:

http://www.ntt.co.jp/csr_e/2009report/group.html

It's also my understanding that they own flower shops.

-- Useful information to follow --

If you have not yet joined the US State Department Delegation and are interested, please let me know and I will connect you with the right people.  I saw a message earlier today to collect the names that are interested.

"Formation of a U.S. Delegation to the ITU Meeting on IPv6, March 15 and 16 in Geneva"

- Jared