Advice regarding Cisco/Juniper/HP

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Jun 30 22:32:43 UTC 2010

True if you happen to be logged on to the device.  What I had in mind
was reading config files which is an exercise I happen to have been
doing recently.  I can look at the config file for a Cisco unit and
determine easily which ports are in which vlans by looking at the port
config.  Some other vendors I must parse the vlan config for port
numbers.

So yeah, on a Brocade unit one can do sho vlan <interface> if you are
logged on to it and other vendors have their way.  It isn't that big of
an issue but if I could have a perfect world, I would rather specify
vlans per interface than interfaces per vlan.