Network Documentation

Jens Link lists at
Tue Jun 29 10:28:28 CDT 2010

Tarig Yassin <tariq198487 at> writes:

First: *PLEASE* do not start a new thread by replying to a mail an
changing the subject. There is something called reference header which
allows real mail clients (read: not Outlook or Notes) to do
threading. This makes it much easier to read large amounts of mail

> I am curious as to how others are documenting their network; both
> visually and configurations.
> Is there any a software offers a database with web-based front end that
> can document in a very details.

Most people I know use a wiki for documentation and rancid for
configuration management. If you want to access your configurations wia
web you can use rancid + webcvs.

There are also several database based tools for ip address
management. Check the list archives for details.

| Foelderichstr. 40   | 13595 Berlin, Germany    | +49-151-18721264     |
| | jabber: jenslink at | -------------------  |