Broadband initiatives - impact to your network?

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Jun 29 04:02:26 UTC 2010

> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:46:37 -0700

If you really want to improve on the performance of data transfers over
long distances (e.g. across an ocean), take a look at
http://fasterdata.es.net. The Department of Energy and ESnet provides
this information primarily for researchers needing to over large volumes
of data over many thousands of kilometers.

While some of the information will be beyond the capabilities of the
average network user and either end can cause the performance problems,
the information can explain a bit about why the problems exists and does
provide some simple changes that can greatly enhance transfer speed.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)