Broadband initiatives - impact to your network?

Jonathan Feldman jf at feldman.org
Mon Jun 28 23:13:55 UTC 2010

I've never claimed to be particularly bright, but I do like to
challenge assumptions.

I meant "privately owned campuses spanning many miles."  Is that a
WAN?  LAN?  "MAN"?  Seriously, should there really be a difference?
If so, why must there be a difference?  Let's not forget that ADSL is
distance limited.  Should it have ever been classified as a WAN
technology?  Compare that to fiber-connected Ethernet, a so-called LAN
technology that goes miles and miles.