Sources of network security templates or designs

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Sat Jun 26 15:57:05 UTC 2010

While the DISA STIGs are probably the archetype, you have to start with
whatever the sponsoring or certifying authority uses, if you need to
pass some audit later.

Those almost always reference NIST docs:

http://www.nist.gov/itl/publications.cfm?defaultSearch=false&authorlist=
&keywords=&topics=309&seriesName=&journalName=&datepicker1=&datepicker2=
#

For generic sources, I agree with Cymru as a good resource, but my
favorite is SANS.

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/