Advice regarding Cisco/Juniper/HP

Colin Alston karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net
Wed Jun 23 07:54:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Greg Whynott <Greg.Whynott at oicr.on.ca> wrote:
> 1.  Under heavy load (60% or more of 10Gbit interfaces at +80%) we have seen _all_ interfaces simultaneously  drop packets and generate interface errors.   this was on an early release of the firmware and I don't think we have seen this problem in awhile.

I have seen this also, but on older 2848g's that were fully populated.
Replaced the switch and the problem went away, but the old switch
worked fine on test bench so I think this is fixed in firmware.

Also using 5406 chassis, and never had the slightest hiccup.

I dislike HP switches from a management point of view (and I think the
VLAN config is nonsense), but they work fine.