A bit off topic: Video streaming/video on demand server

Brad Fleming bdflemin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:14:27 UTC 2010

>> So I'm looking for some help, perhaps experience with products,
>
> I'm a big fan of QTSS for this type of application, myself:
>
> <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/streamingserver/>
>
> and use Wirecast for the broadcasting client:
>
> <http://www.telestream.net/wire-cast/overview.htm>
>
> along with a good video camera, a decent set of mics, and a Griffin
> iMic; I use a portable Behringer mixer for multi-input audio setups.
>
> Something like <http://www.justin.tv> might also be an option.

I'll echo Roland's suggestion.. we use QTSS + Wirecast with great
success. I believe our kit includes a reasonably priced JVC camera
that does pretty well for the price. We use a simple mixing board with
a few mics for presentations / conferences. We even pump the video out
with a multicast option for folks who have access. Seems to work
pretty well with a relatively low entry cost.