List of a useful tools for network architects

Garret Picchioni garret at
Mon Jun 21 16:51:21 CDT 2010

My biggest tool is a couple extra sets of eyes.  A fresh look from the
outside by someone else is going to be the biggest help.  Pen and Paper
(or Visio w/ Icons

I personally like using network simulators to try out different ideas.
I'm a fan of packet tracer for those who have been through the Cisco
Academy.  The config options aren't *too* extensive, but the basics are
there to help with a few sanity checks.