Advice regarding Cisco/Juniper/HP

Brandon Kim brandon.kim at brandontek.com
Thu Jun 17 14:15:55 UTC 2010

This situation scares me. It has HP "best interest" written all over it.
You have expertise in competing vendors but not with HP/3Com. They could very
well be easy to configure but maybe inferior when you get into the details of
how they function. Then if you find out they can't support your business needs,
it would cost even more to replace them. I don't think that's going to happen,
I'm sure the people writing the checks will tell you to make it work, but if it can't
meet the demands, it's going to hurt your business...

The people writing the checks need to know this. I'm not against new companies
competing with Cisco/Juniper but at the same time, you don't want to be the guinea pigs
for them....