Future of WiMax

Dennis Burgess dmburgess at linktechs.net
Thu Jun 17 13:46:26 UTC 2010

Lots of my clients (Wireless ISPs) have looked into deploying it,
however the costs are well over 20 times the cost of a unlicensed system
per access point.  I know it will be deployed as we work with some of
the backend routing etc. and installation with some of clearwires subs,
but most of my clients have moved on to other cheaper, more proven
technologies.

Just what is going on in the WISP industry for the most part.  802.11n
so far on point-2-point links, are working quite well, cheap hardware as
well as ease of use is playing factors in this.  We are seeing 10+ mile
N links running 60-70 meg TCP and over 200 UDP using only 2x2 MIMO.

Dennis Burgess, Mikrotik Certified Trainer
Link Technologies, Inc -- Mikrotik & WISP Support Services
Office: 314-735-0270 Website: http://www.linktechs.net
LIVE On-Line Mikrotik Training - Author of "Learn RouterOS"