Monitoring Tool

Thorsten Dahm t.dahm at resolution.de
Mon Jun 14 16:49:39 UTC 2010

Joshua William Klubi wrote:
> I have been tasked to develop a good network for a Bank and i have also been
> tasked to get a good monitoring tool for the Bank's local network and
> Service providers network. i would like to ask the community
> to help recommend the best tool out there that can help me do this

As others pointed out, without additional information it is hard to give
you any recommendation.

The usual suspects in the open source world would be nagios, cacti,
mrtg, netflow, ... in case you want to have something to check it out.

Best would be you just write a list down on what data or monitoring you
really need.

cheers,
Thorsten