On the control of the Internet.

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sun Jun 13 23:14:03 UTC 2010

On 6/13/2010 18:09, Brett Frankenberger wrote:

>> Mea culpa.
>>
>> That was suppose to say "How about the case where the master zone file
>> has beEN amputated and the secondaries can no longer get updates?
>
> I'm really not sure what you're asking, and I don't know what "master
> zone file has been amputated" means, but if the master server goes
> unreachable, then, for each secondary, either:
>   (a) it's not reachable from anywhere, in which case it doesn't really
> matter what information it has because nothing will be querying it, or
>   (b) it is reachable from somewhere, in which case you log in to it
> from that somewhere, edit the configuration file, change "slave" to
> "master", and restart BIND.  (Adjust as needed for whatever DNS server
> is in use, if it's not BIND.)

I have been faulted for injecting "politics" into the discussion of BGP
configurations for people that ought not......

There I go again.

Have you actually read the article I posted at the top of this thread?
--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca