Broadband Internet Technical Advisory Group

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Thu Jun 10 13:35:24 UTC 2010

This just popped up - BITAG, the Broadband Internet Technical Advisory
Group, which
apparently has some Google backing. While it does not impact router
configuration today, it sure does sound like they
want to in the future.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/initial-plans-for-broadband-internet-technical-advisory-group-announced-95950709.html

http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/2010/06/broadband-internet-technical-advisory.html

"For some time now, we’ve been advocating for the formation of a group
of technical experts to put forward their best thinking on how to
manage broadband networks in ways that still preserve and promote an
open Internet. We’ve worked closely with Verizon and others in the
Internet sector to further develop the concept, and we’re excited by
today’s announcement that the Broadband Internet Technical Advisory
Group , or BITAG, has begun the process of formally launching."

Regards
Marshall