ISP Responsibilities [WAS: Re: Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers]

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed Jun 9 17:02:59 UTC 2010

On 6/9/2010 11:50, J. Oquendo wrote:

[Lots of good stuff snipped.]

> Don't blame the software vendors blame oneself. I've seen even the most
> savvy users using OS' *other* than Windows get compromised. I performed
> an incident response about 8 months ago... 42 machines 41 Linux, 1
> Windows... Guess what, all the Linux boxes running Apache were
> compromised. They were running vulnerable software on them (Wordpress,
> etc). So to compare Apples and Oranges (Windows versus another) is
> pointless.

Exactly so (applies also to the snipped material).

Responsibility.  Individual, personal and corporate responsibility.

Using only the fingers of a clinched fist to indicate the location of
the best agent for correcting a problem.

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca