Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jun 9 12:40:06 UTC 2010

On Jun 9, 2010, at 4:27 AM, Joe Greco wrote:

>> I'm all for that, but, point is that people who fail to meet that standard are
>> currently getting a free ride. IMHO, they should pay and they should have
>> the recourse of being (at least partially) reimbursed by their at-fault software
>> vendors for contributory negligence.
>
> Great idea.  You know, I've got a great solution for global warming.
> Let's hold all the car owners accountable for all the greenhouse gases
> their cars belch out, and let them have the recourse of being (at least
> partially) reimbursed by their at-fault car manufacturers and gasoline
> distributors for contributory negligence.

1.	My car emits very little greenhouse gas, so, I'm cool with that.  Sounds
	great to me. (I drive a Prius).

2.	Manufacturers are held liable for contributory negligence when the
	design of their vehicle is unsafe and causes an accident.

3.	We're not talking about greenhouse gasses here... We're talking
	about car-wrecks on the information superhighway caused by
	a combination of irresponsible operators and poor vehicle design.

> See how insane that sounds?

Actually, it sounds reasonably sane to me, but, it's not a good analogy
as noted above, so, the relative merits are mostly irrelevant.

Owen