Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 03:01:35 UTC 2010

Sent from my iToilet

why you will penalize with fees the end customer that may not know
that her system has been compromised because what she pays to Joe
Antivirus/Security/Firewall/Crapware is not effective against Billy
the nerd insecure code programmer ?

No doubt ISPs can do something, but without additional regulation and
safeguards that they wont be sued for sniffing or filtering traffic
nothing will ever happen. Do we want more/any regulation ? who will
oversee it ?

On the other hand think as the Internet being a vast ocean where the
bad guys keep dumping garbage, you can't control or filter the
currents that are constantly changing and you neither can inspect
every water molecule, then what do you do to find and penalize the
ones that drop or permit their systems to drop garbage on the ocean ?

My .02
Jorge