Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

Dave Rand dlr at bungi.com
Wed Jun 9 00:27:17 UTC 2010

[In the message entitled "Re: Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers" on Jun  8, 14:30, Brielle Bruns writes:]

> Legit customers get caught in the cross-fire, and they suffer - but at
> the same time, those legit customers are the only ones that will be able
> to force a change on said provider.
>
> They contact us, and act all innocent, and tell people we're being
> unreasonable, neglecting to tell people at the same time that the
> 'unreasonable' DNSbl maintainer only wants for them to do a simple task
> that thousands of other providers and administrators have done before.

I'm somewhat familiar with the concept :-)

But yes, this indeed is currently the only effective way to cause change
at the ISP level.  Ferg is very correct in that Change Is Coming at
the goverment level.  That is the wrong place for it to happen, but it
will also be very effective.

I'm hopeful that more networks will take it upon themselves to make it happen
before it is forced on them.