Nato warns of strike against cyber attackers

Marshall Eubanks tme at americafree.tv
Tue Jun 8 21:50:52 UTC 2010

On Jun 8, 2010, at 5:08 PM, Peter Boone wrote:

> So let's say a cyber-attack originates from Chinese script kiddie.
>
> Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark,
> Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia,
> Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania,
> Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the
> United States
> will all respond by invading China?

That leaves out the important aspect of selection. You can bet that,
if they do this, they will pick
a more suitable target, say one without strategic rocket forces.

> Is NATO trying to start a war here?

Militaries tend to think in terms of military responses.

What any of this has to do with configuring routers escapes me.

Regards
Marshall