Monitoring tools for IPv6 tools

Patrick Darden darden at
Fri Jul 30 07:21:28 CDT 2010

I think he was looking for something more in the nature of network
monitoring/analysis systems that support IPv6, like NTOP.

ntop has been ported to ipv6--although I am unsure of the results.
cold is a snffer/analyzer with ipv6 support.
wireshark is a fantastic sniffer/analyzer, and it supports ipv6.
snoop comes with Solaris 10, and it supports ipv6.
tracepath6 and traceroute6 come with the iptraf package for linux.
ethereal has a non-commercial version.
iperf lets you simply monitor ipv6 tcp/udp performance.
mtr uses traceroute and ping,
nagios is a host/server/service monitoring tool.
weathermap creates a visual network diagram showing health.

Is this what you wanted?