33-Bit Addressing via ONE bit or TWO bits ? does NANOG care?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jul 30 04:33:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 00:14:46 EDT, Atticus said:

> technology, and an inferior one at that. With IPSec compliance integrated
> into the protocol itself, and the hundreds of other benefits, why try to
> morph an old technology?

You *do* realize that IPv6 IPSec is the *exact same stuff* that's in IPv4, the
only difference is that a "compliant" IPv6 stack has to include it, as opposed
to the optional-but-all-major-OS-do-it status in IPv4, right?

Does anybody know of *any* products that support dual-stack and include
the IPv6 IPSec stuff but left the IPv4 IPSec stuff out?  I've never actually seen one...