FW: Who controlls the Internet?

Cian Brennan cian.brennan at redbrick.dcu.ie
Mon Jul 26 07:53:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:41:05PM -0400, Robert West wrote:

> [...]
Not all states (or people for that matter) agree with Voltaire's view of free
speech. If our democratically accountable, and elected government wants to ban
hate speech/child porn/$OTHER_ILLEGAL_CONTENT, and puts in an accountable
method of dealing with it, I find it hard to see why the US view of free speech
should prevail over that choice.