IPv4 Exhaustion...

David E. Smith dave at mvn.net
Fri Jul 23 17:45:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:11, Positively Optimistic <
positivelyoptimistic at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do ISPs  handle RIAA notices when NATTING customers.. ?   We have
> several customers that don't require public address space that could be
> moved to private..   We're reluctant to make the move due to legal
> liabilities..

On a related note, what's the best way to handle RIAA/MPAA requests for
end-users that intentionally run "open" APs, especially when the notices
don't show up for days or weeks (by which time the offender, a hotel guest,
has long since moved on)?

David Smith
MVN.net