Looking for comments

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Fri Jul 23 10:18:39 UTC 2010

On 23/07/2010 01:17, Mark Smith wrote:
> Does this qualify? What the customer sees is delivered over IPv6,
> unlike the CPE management problem, where the ISP is the "IPv6 customer".
>
> "IPv6: The Future of IPTV? In Japan it isn't the future, it's now."
> http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3795086/IPv6-The-Future-of-IPTV.htm

I understand that there are several networks doing this; the STB - like the
CPE modem - is managed by the service provider and the customer has no
management / control access over it.  The customer stays on ipv4 for their
regular access product.

Someone offline pointed me at the Google IPv6 Implementors 2010 conference,
at which:

> https://sites.google.com/site/ipv6implementors/2010/agenda/13_Byrne_T-Mobile_IPv6GoogleMeeting.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

This is genuinely interesting.

Nick