While we worry about Vyatta and Bras.....

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jul 20 15:15:42 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:36:57 EDT, Marshall Eubanks said:

> None of this is going to help configure any routers.

Most people call a network of routers run in isolation, without any care or
consideration of the outside world and its potential impact on operations, a
"test lab". The occasional injection of external reality is useful.

And I dunno - some of us may indeed configure our routers differently after
being reminded that we could get a letter from the FBI similar to the one that
Burstnet got.  When was the last time you checked your routers to ensure that
they implemented the action your corporate policy dictates for receipt of such
a letter?