NANOG Digest, Vol 30, Issue 50

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Mon Jul 19 23:08:53 UTC 2010

> > ..in other news (that seems to have attracted little attention)...
> >
> > http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2010/07/73000-blogs-shu.html
> >
> > 73000 Internet "sites" where shutdown by somebody, for something.
>

> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/07/19/2052202/Blogetery-Shutdown-Due-
> To-al-Qaeda-Info
>
> The single host/box had bomb making info and hit lists.  Yeah, I'd
> shut it down too if it was on my network.
>
> Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474

As would any reasonable operator.

I'm pretty disappointed that an article of the Moon Battery's very low caliber is considered by anyone to be news, especially news worth citing on NANOG.  These malformed packets should have matched a mental drop rule, or at the very least, invoked a 'reputable news source' query.

Or, as our icanhazcheezburger friends would say...  I can haz obvious political agenda?

Nathan Eisenberg, Atlas Networks