On another security note... (of sorts)

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Mon Jul 19 13:16:19 UTC 2010

On 7/16/10 11:17 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

> The thorniest issues aren't technology-related, per se; they're legal exposure (both real and imagined), regulatory concerns (both real and imagined), antitrust concerns (both real and imagined), management/marketing/PR concerns (largely imagined), skillset shortages/concerns (very real), customer perception concerns (both real and imagined), and so forth.

I recommend kc.claffy's notes on the subject:

Ten Things the FCC Should Know about the Internet
http://www.caida.org/publications/presentations/2009/top_ten_fcc/top_ten_fcc.pdf

and

top ten things lawyers should know about the Internet
http://blog.caida.org/best_available_data/2008/04/16/top-ten-things-lawyers-should-know-about-internet-research-1/

Eric