Vyatta as a BRAS

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Jul 15 16:39:30 UTC 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 11:33 PM, Joe Greco wrote:

> Provided with a counterexample where this isn't true, you simply ignore it.

I've yet to see a counterexample involving a software-based edge router in a realistic testbed environment being deliberately packeted in order to cause an availability hit - apologies if I've missed one, mind.

> Your arguments revolve around "My Ford Pinto's gas tank once exploded on me and it happened to other people too, therefore all inexpensive cars have unsafe gas tanks."

Actually, it's more along the lines of, "I've seen multiple accidents involving multiple brands/models of economy-class automobiles in which the passengers were grievously-injured or worse, while also having observed passengers walking away from similar accidents in similar circumstances involving heavier, more sturdily-built vehicles."

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken