Rate Limiting on Cisco Router

Nick Olsen nick at brevardwireless.com
Thu Jul 8 22:28:02 UTC 2010

That's strange, Are you paying for a CIR of 80Mb/s?
Normally they only leave the limiting up to you if its more of a
burstable connection, Like you pay for 80Mb/s but its a full line rate
interface and its billed per Mb/s over 80 on a 95th percentile scheme.
If that is the case you can safely go over 80Mb/s for a certian amount
of time per month, Assuming its billed monthly.

Nick Olsen
Network Operations
(321) 205-1100 x106