U.S. Plans Cyber Shield for Utilities, Companies

bross at pobox.com bross at pobox.com
Thu Jul 8 16:22:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, J. Oquendo wrote:

> Brandon Ross wrote:
>>
>> Do people really think the guy in the airport control tower is really
>> surfing Facebook while he's controlling aircraft on the same computer, or
>> that capability is even what is under consideration?
>>
> "Air traffic controller suspended for allowing son to radio instructions
> to pilots at New York's Kennedy Airport"
> http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/030410dnnatairtraffic.170a785b7.html

Please read critically before replying.  My exact quote included the words
"on the same computer".  The article that started this thread is about
protecting critical systems, not preventing people from making stupid
mistakes.  If you want to talk about ATC procedures or the misbehavior of
controllers using unapproved devices, there's a whole separate mailing
list for that.

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                                ICQ:  2269442