Question about Manycore processor- "Tilera"

Adrian Chadd adrian at
Tue Jul 6 04:09:20 CDT 2010

There's been plenty of "multi-dimensional" processor interconnects over the
years. You should do some further research. :)

(hypercube-connected O2000, anyone?)

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010, ?????? wrote:
> Hello, all.
> I am not sure is it suitable or not that I ask this question here.
> My question is about "Tilera", a new multi-core processor provider, however,
> they call themselves "Many-Core" to separate from RMI, Cavium, etc.
> Tilera  claims that their processor have a 2D mesh so they can put more
> Cores(from 36,64 to 1K) in one Chip, while Cavium only with 1D bus, so
> Tilera think they have a much higher performance.
> My question is:
> 1 Is it true that Tilera revolutionarily improve the performance of
> multi-core(or Many-core) processor?
> 2 If you make the choice between Tilera and Cavium, what do you prefer? Why?
> Devin.
> BTW, its website is

- Xenion - - VPS Hosting - Commercial Squid Support -
- $24/pm+GST entry-level VPSes w/ capped bandwidth charges available in WA -