Question about Manycore processor- "Tilera"

袁智辉 yuan_zhihui at venustech.com.cn
Tue Jul 6 08:46:11 UTC 2010

Hello, all.

I am not sure is it suitable or not that I ask this question here.

My question is about "Tilera", a new multi-core processor provider, however,
they call themselves "Many-Core" to separate from RMI, Cavium, etc.

Tilera  claims that their processor have a 2D mesh so they can put more
Cores(from 36,64 to 1K) in one Chip, while Cavium only with 1D bus, so
Tilera think they have a much higher performance.

My question is:
1 Is it true that Tilera revolutionarily improve the performance of
multi-core(or Many-core) processor?
2 If you make the choice between Tilera and Cavium, what do you prefer? Why?

Devin.

BTW, its website is  http://www.tilera.com/