Mikrotik & OC-3 Connection

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 13:25:09 UTC 2010

If your routing platform doesn't have POS OC-3, you can use a
converter to map Ethernet services to it and keep using the platform
you've been using. You lose a little on efficiency and failure
detection, but turning BFD on might help:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Routing/BFD

I've worked with converters from a local industry and I don't think
they ship worldwide; in the US I would take at look at RAD, Transition
Networks, Allied Telesis and probably some others.

This is an issue not specific to Mikrotik; my experience with such a
solution was with Cisco switch-routers that could do up to MPLS but
had only Ethernet interfaces.

Rubens