Mikrotik & OC-3 Connection

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Jul 4 08:14:21 UTC 2010

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Alan Bryant wrote:

> Does anyone know of a solution to connect a POS OC-3 to a router running
> Mikrotik's RouterOS? I have searched google extensively with varying
> phrases and nothing helpful comes out of it.

I don't know much about Mikrotik, but there are OC-3 interfaces you can
put in a regular pc:

http://www.tmcnet.com/voip/0808/telesoft-technologies-stm-1-oc-3-pci-express-card.htm

http://oem.imagestream.com/PCI_Card_Overview.html (the 1104 does POS/OC3
if I read it correctly).

There seems to be others, last I checked though these cards were in the
USD4000-5000 range or so, so it was cheaper to buy a used 7200/NPE-300 and
PA-POS/PA-GE.

If someone knows and has good experience of a POS card (pci or pci-e) that
works well in Linux (2.6.32 preferrably) I'm very interested.