XO feedback

Adam Rothschild asr+nanog at latency.net
Fri Jul 2 23:04:42 UTC 2010

Here in the New York Metro, XO's collocation offering is pretty solid.
No frills, but competently managed, and offered under a reasonable
pricing model for retail collocation.

I've had similarly positive experiences with their transport side of
the house.  I've not looked at the IP product...

I certainly belive the negative XO feedback shared; having heard
similar, it would seem there's definite potential to be treated as
merely a number.  At the same time, our experience has been great, and
I'd happily recommend them.  I think the quality of your XO customer
experience is directly proportional to the caliber of your account
team, along with your ability to vendor-manage and assemble a suitable
escalation matrix.

As for the Savvis suggestion, I'm not sure I'd agree.  We're in 2010,
yet they continue to maintain a fair number of gigabit-sized peering
interfaces, seemingly operating at or close to capacity.

HTH,
-a