Feds disable movie piracy websites in raids

Franck Martin franck at genius.com
Thu Jul 1 13:45:34 UTC 2010

I'm not saying any other country is better, I'm just saying the Internet is international and we have the power of one jurisdiction over many internet resources. This will lead certainly to a push for re-balancing (successfully or not, for democracy or against democracy,...).

The USA had a trust position with the nuke button that they should not have pushed, but they pushed the nuke button. How the rest of the world will react? will they want to have their say on who can push the nuke button?

Today is may be for the right reason, but tomorrow? And there is the kill switch bill coming up (or not)...

This is all political, and not suitable for nanog, but it opens a can of worms...