Comcast IPv6 Trials

Chris Gotstein chris at uplogon.com
Thu Jan 28 21:42:11 UTC 2010

Typically the CPE address is private, not sure why they would use a
public IP.  The MTA (VoIP) part of the modem would need a public IP if
it was talking to a SIP server that was not on the same network.  Most
smaller cable system outsource their VoIP to a reseller with a softswitch.

Chris Gotstein, Sr Network Engineer, UP Logon/Computer Connection UP
http://uplogon.com | +1 906 774 4847 | chris at uplogon.com