DDoS mitigation recommendations

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Thu Jan 28 15:00:22 UTC 2010

IntruGuard is highly customizable both from the GUI and CLI with the
engineer's assistance. Its the highest performance, reasonably priced box
that we've tried so far.

Jeff

On Jan 28, 2010 7:02 AM, "Tom Sands" <tsands at rackspace.com> wrote:

> [...]
We've already done an initial trial with the Arbor device, and it does work
well.  Our biggest sticking point with it is that it lacks the granular
level of visibility and control that we've been used to and often needed to
tweak profiles.  Basically, it does what it's supposed to well, but you
really can't tell what that is, and if it's not catching all of a DDoS you
have little insight as to what's being missed or control to correct it.

Thank you,

Tom Sands
Chief Network Engineer
Rackspace