Comcast IPv6 Trials

nick hatch nicholas.hatch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:43:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Steven Bellovin <smb at cs.columbia.edu>wrote:

> Wonderful!
>
> In all seriousness, will any attempt be made to select trial applicants
> based on (apparent) clue level and/or to receive feedback through channels
> other than the usual Tier 1 support?
>

>From http://www.comcast6.net/faq.php:

*How will you select trial areas?*
Some of our trials will not be geographically-bound, meaning a customer from
anywhere in our network could participate, while other trials will be bound
to particular areas.

*How will you select customers to participate in these trials?*
Customers can volunteer to participate in a trial by completing an online
form at the Comcast IPv6 Information Center, at
http://www.comcast6.net/volunteer.php. Once we're ready to start a trial, we
will search for customers meeting any applicable criteria for participation
(geographic area, home computer OS or equipment, etc.) and invite them to
participate in a specific trial.

I'm excited to be on the same side as the 500lb gorilla for once,

-Nick