Using /126 for IPv6 router links

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed Jan 27 17:52:02 UTC 2010

On 1/27/2010 5:09 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2010, at 2:38 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
>
>>> The general intent of the /48 allocation is that it is large enough for
>>> nearly everybody, with nearly everybody including all but the largest
>>> of organisations.
>>
>> the general intent of a class B allocation is that it is large enough
>> for nearly everybody, with nearly everybody including all but the
>> largest of organisations.
>>
>> hmmmmm
>>
>> randy
>
> That would, indeed, work if we weren't short of class B networks
> to assign.
>
> Owen

ITYM --- That would, indeed, work if we weren't so short sighted in our
view of how the demand economics term) would expand to exceed the supply.

[For the record I do not see any way of foreseeing the unforeseen (and
unforeseeable).  I ask only that the latest whizbang be marketed as the
latest whizbang (which is likely to be be pretty impressive--it always
has been), not the answer for all of time.)
--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs