Using /31 for router links

Massimiliano Stucchi stucchi at briantel.com
Mon Jan 25 13:20:45 UTC 2010

On 23/01/10 19:52, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Mark Smith <nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org> wrote:
>

> As for ATM...  The part that totally baffles me about the use of ATM on
> xDSL lines is that I have never, ever, ever seen an xDSL line carrying
> more than one ATM VC.  OK, there may be someone out there who has set up
> a configuration like that just for fun, but 99.999% of all ATM'd xDSL
> lines out there carry a single PVC at 0*35 or 0*38.

It's common practice down here in Italy to have more than one VC.  One
is used to carry data and the other one is used for VoIP, so that you
don't have to do QoS on the data part.

Ciao !
--

Massimiliano Stucchi
BrianTel Srl
stucchi at briantel.com
Tel (+39) 039 9669921 | Fax (+39) 02 44417204
I-23807, Merate (Lecco), via Mameli 6
MS16801-RIPE