Using /126 for IPv6 router links

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at
Sat Jan 23 22:04:31 CST 2010

On 1/23/2010 9:47 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

>>> 64 bits is enough networks that if each network was an almond M&M,
>>> you would be able to fill all of the great lakes with M&Ms before you
>>> ran out of /64s.
>> Did somebody once say something like that about Class C addresses?
> The number of /24s in all of IPv4 would only cover 70 yards of a football
> field (in a single layer of M&Ms).  Compared to the filling the
> three-dimensional full volume of all 5 great lakes, I am hoping you can
> see the vast difference in the comparison.

Of course--I was asking about the metaphorical message implying "More
than we can imagine ever needing".

I remember a day when 18 was the largest number of computers that would
ever be needed.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information: