Using /31 for router links

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Sat Jan 23 20:34:49 UTC 2010

On 1/23/10 11:52 AM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Oh, and yet another soapbox of mine, an xDSL modem that puts out V.35
> instead of goddamn Ethernet would be a true modem: a modulator/demodulator
> that modulates/demodulates the bits at the electrical level without
> caring about what's in those bits.

Back in the days of Rhythms and Copper Mountain gear, Netopia had the D
series routers which were actually xDSL to DSU units.  Used to use them
for customers who had T1 equipment (2500s, 2600s, 1600s, etc).  Worked
quite well.  Though, I'm not sure they'd work these days, nor do I think
they came in ADSL models either.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org