Foundry CLI manual?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Jan 23 20:25:28 UTC 2010

Jens Link <lists at quux.de> writes:
> Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net> writes:
>
>> Ironically enough the manuals themselves are accessable without a login,
>> but the list of manuals is not.
>
> Outch. Personally I don't like when company's hides documentation or
> require me to register (or even get a support contract) to read the
> documentation.

Cannot agree more.  It's a major drawback even with a support contract.
I often use Google to search for particular features, bugs, workarounds
or whatever, limiting the scope to site:somevendor.com.  This naturally
doesn't work with those who hide their docs.  And the site internal
search engines are usually a bad joke at best.

Regarding Foundry, I remember they used to have public docs several
years ago.  But all of a sudden it was closed. Around 2003 maybe?

Nowadays, Huawei is on top of my "oh i hate that web site" list. No
useful public content whatsoever.  Don't understand why they even bother
putting up a web server.

I appreciate that there still are serious vendors like Cisco and
Juniper who don't mind making their docs public. Thanks guys!

Bjørn