1/8 and 27/8 allocated to APNIC

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 13:54:37 UTC 2010

Bill Stewart wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:13 PM, George Bonser <gbonser at seven.com> wrote:
>> Some of that water is dirtier than the rest.  I wouldn't want to be the
>> person who gets 1.2.3.0/24
>
> I'd guess that 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 are probably much more widely used.
> At least 1.1.1.0/24 should be reserved by IANA or somebody.

I agree that 1/8 was probably about the *last* that should have been
allocated.  It's particularly frustrating that they made two assignments
at the same time, but not to adjacent routing blocks....

Also, 27/8 is clearly in the middle of a group of North American military
assignments.  So at the very least, these aren't very CIDR'ish.

Why not 36 & 37?